Visit our sister pilates teacher training website www.tulatraining.co.uk to find out more.
Would you like to earn a living by sharing your passion for Pilates?
Train to become an accredited Level 3 Pilates Matwork teacher with Tula Training (the training division of Pilates in Brighton) and you’ll be ready to teach pilates from graduation.
Pilates Instructor Training – Venue & Dates
Tula Training is based at Pilates in Brighton studio, Kemptown.
The course dates for Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course 2016/2017 are:
Pilates Instructor Course – September 2017
- Sunday September 17th
- 23/24th September
- 7/8th October
- 11th/12th November
- 2 December
- Exam/Assessment day – Sunday 3rd December
- Times: 10.30am-4.30pm
Pilates Level 3 Mat work course: January 2018
- Sat 27th January 2018
- Sat/Sun 3rd-4th February
- Sat/Sun 10th-11th March
- Sat/Sun 21st-22nd April
- Sat 12th May
- Exam/Assessment day-Sunday 13th May
- Times: 10.30am-4.30pm
‘I attended the very first Tula training course for Pilates level 3 mat work and I cannot praise the teaching or delivery of the training more highly. Carolyn Bailey is an amazing tutor, the group had the benefit of her extensive knowledge and years of experience, which provided us with a sound foundation for our learning and practice. The course provides opportunities for professional teaching practice at the Pilates in Brighton studio, along with exemplar classes from experienced instructors, which were invaluable. I would recommend Tula Training to anyone with a desire to teach Pilates, I am now a qualified mat work instructor, which is something that I had dreamed of but didn’t believe was possible.’ Karen Manghan April 2016
Practical Pilates Teacher Training
- At Tula Training, we don’t believe in online learning.
- We believe in face-to-face, practical, high quality teaching.
As a Tula Training student you’ll be on your feet from day one, developing your practical teaching skills as you learn.
During 10 days of face-to-face training you will be provided with the knowledge and practical expertise to enable you to professionally and competently design, plan and deliver safe and effective Pilates classes.
You’ll gain the confidence and ability to be able to transition directly into rewarding and sustainable work immediately after certification.
Our Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course is accredited by governing body, Active IQ and gives you access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS) at Level 3 – the recognised UK national standard. This qualification will automatically distinguish you as being trained at the highest possible standard.
I have just finished the Pilates teaching training course I only wish we had filmed students at the beginning and the end of the course. The transformation in teaching was incredible, confidence grew, bodies changed and enthusism and knowledge of the principles and fundamentals of pilates were embraced. A joy to spend time with people who want to encourage and share a passion for Pilates in order to help others. – Julie Sept 2016
Phased Pilates Training
- At Tula Training, we don’t believe in ‘crammed’ knowledge.
- We believe in the more powerful and long-lasting ‘accumulative’ knowledge.
The Tula Training Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course has been designed for optimal learning and maximum results.
With teaching spread out across 10 days (4 long weekends) you will incrementally deepen your knowledge and have the opportunity to put each phase into practice as you learn.
This optimum teaching design also gives you the added benefit of flexibility, enabling you to accommodate your Pilates teacher training within your current work and life commitments.
This course was excellent. It was a lot of information to take in and Carolyn’s encouraging but honest teaching approach was wonderful. As I hadn’t taught before the teaching practice for me was invaluable. I learned a lot from having honest critical feed. – Adrian April 2016
Quality Pilates Training
- At Tula Training, we don’t believe in taking short cuts.
- We believe in doing things properly – value, quality and long-term trust.
As a Tula Training student you’ll be expertly guided through your Pilates teacher training with the very best care from highly knowledgeable tutors with over 20 years of industry experience:
Founder of Tula Training and Pilates in Brighton Carolyn is a highly experienced Specialist Musculoskeletal and Clinical Pilates Rehabilitation Physiotherapist and former physiotherapist to the esteemed Rambert Dance Company, London.
Outstanding Pilates Training
- At Tula Training, we don’t believe in being average.
- We believe in being outstanding.
We aim to produce Tula Training graduates who are the very best in their field – confident, knowledgeable and capable of securing first class employment opportunities directly upon certification.
The Tula Training Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course runs for 10 days spread over 4 long weekends, and includes:
- The principles of Pilates Matwork
- How to plan and programme Pilates Matwork classes
- Instructing Pilates Matwork classes
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
- How to form effective working relationships with clients and provide ongoing customer service
- Understanding health and safety in a fitness environment. How to control risks, safeguard children and vulnerable adults.
- Understanding the effects of exercise on the body and contraindications.
- Screening clients and identifying goals
Assessment will be a combination of multiple choice question paper, worksheets, class plans and an observed teaching session.
Qualification & Accreditation
Official course title:
- Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Matwork (QCF)
- Accredited by governing body Active IQ
- Provides access onto the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at Level 3 – the recognised UK national standard.
As a Tula Training student we recommend that you satisfy the following requirements:
- An authentic interest in Pilates and some experience of taking Pilates classes
- A degree of physical fitness and body awareness, as this course requires participation in physical exertion.
- Basic skills in communication: discussion, presenting, reading and writing
We also offer an alternative instalment option of 4 x monthly payments of £550.
Booking & More Information
To register your interest in the Tula Training Level 3 Pilates Matwork Teacher Training Course, or to find out more information visit our pilates teacher training website, call us on 01273 590910. Or send us an email.