Dance Physiotherapy and Pilates at Pilates in Brighton
Carolyn Bailey MCSP a physiotherapist and pilates instructor with over 12 years experience in treating all kinds of dance injuries for recreational dancers, those in college training courses and professional dancers. Carolyn has worked as the physiotherapist for Central School of Ballet, London Studio Centre, West End shows, Royal Opera House 2 and Rambert Dance Company. She is a member of the Dance UK Healthier Dancer Advisory Board. Carolyn is now available at Pilates in Brighton for dance physiotherapy and pilates for dancers sessions.
How can Dance Physiotherapy help you?
Assessment and treatment of your dance related injuries. The cause of your problem will be identiﬁed and you will receive treatment which may consist of soft tissue mobilisation, myofascial release, taping or acupuncture which will reduce your pain.You will also have an assessment of your alignment, technique and posture that maycause the injury to reoccur.
Dance physiotherapy and pilates can also prevent injury and enhance your performance. Problems that can be helped with dance physiotherapy include:
- Spinal Pain
- Shin Splints
- Overuse Injuries
- Neck and Shoulder Injuries and Pain
- Leg and Ankle Injuries
- Achilles Problems
- Hip Impingement
- Sprains and Strains
- Repetitive Movement injuries
- The younger dancer and their preparation for college training courses
How can Pilates for the Dancer help you?
Pilates gives dancers an increased awareness of their alignment and posture that can
prevent injuries. Other beneﬁts of pilates for dancers include:
- Increased core strength, balance, proprioception and stability.
- An understanding of core control and its role in preventing injuries
- Optimum hip,knee, foot and ankle alignment.
- Correction of muscle imbalance and repetitive movement injuries
- Increased ﬂexibility.
- Decreased movement stresses on joints and ligaments.
- Correction of hyperﬂexibility
- Improved hip turnout
- Correct breathing and mental concentration